Unfortunately, we are seeing many young people with strong immunity ignore all the noise around social distancing. These people, who may be asymptomatic carriers of the virus, may cause grave harm to vulnerable individuals. Young asymptomatic individuals can expose others by shedding the virus, infecting the susceptible who accumulate higher viral loads, and even reducing the effectiveness of potential vaccines by causing repeated low dose exposure. See below:
Tag Archives: COVID-19
Can Ayurveda maintain immunity against pathogens/Coronavirus?
In this piece, I provide an overview of the human immune system and the Coronavirus (COVID-19). I then describe the Ayurvedic approach to boosting immunity and existing research that backs the Indian ministry of Ayurveda’s recommendations for herbal treatments that can potentially help people strengthen their immune systems and ability to fight viruses like the Coronavirus.
- We need to adopt an integrative approach to build immunity and fight such outbreaks, now and in the future.
- The contextual use of traditional medical systems such as Ayurveda, a sensible diet/lifestyle, and authentically sourced plants and herbs may help build immunity.
- Resorting to the indiscriminate use of “Dr.Google” prescribed miracle remedies may lead to serious cytotoxic drug-herb, herb-herb, or food-drug interactions, especially for those already on medications.
- Stick with precautions stipulated by CDC, without panic.
- Human ingenuity has not failed us, wait for your turn to get vaccinated.