Tag Archives: Immunity
Can Ayurveda maintain immunity against pathogens/Coronavirus?
In this piece, I provide an overview of the human immune system and the Coronavirus (COVID-19). I then describe the Ayurvedic approach to boosting immunity and existing research that backs the Indian ministry of Ayurveda’s recommendations for herbal treatments that can potentially help people strengthen their immune systems and ability to fight viruses like the Coronavirus.
- We need to adopt an integrative approach to build immunity and fight such outbreaks, now and in the future.
- The contextual use of traditional medical systems such as Ayurveda, a sensible diet/lifestyle, and authentically sourced plants and herbs may help build immunity.
- Resorting to the indiscriminate use of “Dr.Google” prescribed miracle remedies may lead to serious cytotoxic drug-herb, herb-herb, or food-drug interactions, especially for those already on medications.
- Stick with precautions stipulated by CDC, without panic.
- Human ingenuity has not failed us, wait for your turn to get vaccinated.